Bear Vault - BV450 Food Container - Soloist (Bear Keg)
- Durable polycarbonate construction keeps the weight light and the inner volume high
- Large rainproof lid features a snapping bump/tab locking mechanism and screws on and off easily without the use of tools
- Dimpled exterior keeps tie-down straps from shifting and eliminates the need for a carrying pouch
- Translucent vault makes finding your meal selection easy
- Container helps suppress strong odors from food, sunscreen, insect repellent, soap and toothpaste, lessening the chance of bear vs. human conflict
- Hand wash in warm water with a mild dishwashing detergent
- With the lid fully closed the BearVault also makes a great camp seat
- This BearVault model has approval from both the Sierra Interagency Black Bear Group and Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee
- Store BearVault at least 100 yards downwind of campsite, preferably in the shade to keep contents cool
- Never keep a bear canister inside your tent!
Made in USA.Best Use Backpacking
Gear Capacity (L) 7.2 liter
Gear Capacity (cu. in.) 440 cubic inches
Dimensions 8 .7 x 8.3 inches
Weight 2 lbs. 1 oz.
- Lightweight Solo or Weekend Size: Lightest canister in this size category; Stores approximately 4 days of food; perfect for a couples weekend, or a 3 to 4 day solo trek
- Clearly Find Your Food: Where’s your oatmeal, trail mix, and dinner? This wide opening, transparent food container makes it simple to grab exactly what you need
- Easy to Use, Durable, Doubles as a Seat: Designed with a tool-free lid: no fiddling or losing small parts; Useful around camp, it also doubles as a camp stool; Rugged and impact resistant
- Grizzly & Black Bear Tested: Tested and approved by both the IGBC (Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee) and the SIBBG (Sierra Interagency Black Bear Group); In fact, a BearVault survived 48 hours locked in a cage with two hungry black bears!
- NPS & Agency Approved: Approved by all National Parks and National Forests that require Bear Canisters, including Yosemite, Sequoia King’s Canyon, Olympic, Cascades, Rocky Mountains, Glacier, Boundary Waters, Great Smokey Mountains, Shenandoah, and Denali.
- IF keg is lost, stolen or damaged you are responsible for the full replacement cost based on brand.